Warning: include_once(/home/mikemotorcade/www/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-support/wordpress-support.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/mikemotorcade/www/wp-settings.php on line 212

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/home/mikemotorcade/www/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-support/wordpress-support.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/mikemotorcade/www/wp-settings.php on line 212
It’s 3 o’clock in the morning! » Praise God for misunderstandings

It’s 3 o’clock in the morning!

Life is too short for bad coffee.

Entries Comments

Praise God for misunderstandings

29 May, 2008 (12:25pm) | Blog

This morning, I went to get coffee from the Starbucks across the street from my work. I ordered a Triple Tall Breve Latte.

Now before I continue with my story, let me just say how annoying Starbucks can be.

The word “Latte” is Italian for milk, right? So, a Cafe Latte is espresso and milk. Make sense? And a Cafe Breve has half and half instead of milk. So what is a Breve Latte supposed to be? Milk with half and half? Well, that’s what Starbucks seems to think a Breve is supposed to be called. I always go there and say “I’ll get a tall breve.” To which the response is usually, “Latte”. I learned pretty quick to just humor them and say yes. But for a while I would be like, “No, I don’t want 2% in it, I want half and half. Cafe Breve”. Punks.

Anyway, that’s my rant. Oh blah dee, oh blah da, life goes on.

So, I ordered a “Triple Tall Breve Latte”, but they made me a “Triple Tall Vanilla Latte”. Oops. Needless to say I scored a free drink. I’m lovin’ that.

Comments

Comment from Rachelskirts
Time: 29 May 2008, 12:34 pm

Unrelated to the above post… That quote about the ice weasels at the top of your page was almost the quote I chose for my senior yearbook. You just earned 34759 cool points for having that up there.

In more related news… I guess that would be the one upside to ordering either a CafĂ© Mocha or a Double Chocolaty Chip every time I go to Starbucks. I am guaranteed a really tasty drink free of stupid questions or corrections from the baristi.

Comment from Michael
Time: 29 May 2008, 12:40 pm

Rachskirts: Yeah, I totally love that quote. It cracks me up every time. I’m sort of collecting a.. collection of awesome quotes. U has moar cool pointz thn me kthxbye.

Well, I worked at a coffee shop for several years, and I’m sorta OCD, so that type of stuff is unavoidable for me. It’s okay, though. I got over it a while ago.

Comment from Michael
Time: 29 May 2008, 12:46 pm

P.S. I just noticed I typoed your name. But I kinda like the way it looks. Does anyone called you that? Also, I think I even have a quote of yours up there. I hope that doesn’t weird you out.

Comment from seven
Time: 29 May 2008, 2:57 pm

THAT IS ONE OF MY PET PEEVES TOO! Holy heck, it makes me so angry. NO, I do not want milk with half-and-half in it. I want a Caffe Breve, dangit. Bah…

Comment from Angela
Time: 30 May 2008, 7:20 am

One of my exes works at a Starbucks. And if I can generalize for a moment based on him, I’m pretty sure that in order to work there you have to be a self-important blow-hard who only half-listens to things. Pretty sure.

Comment from Rachelskirts
Time: 31 May 2008, 11:13 am

Totally understand the OCD thing. Totally love the quotes. Totally honored to be on the quote list. And no, nobody has ever called me Rachskirts, to my knowledge, but my philosophy has always been “the more nicknames, the merrier.” But you’ll be the only person who can call me that. I’ll just need to return the favor and come up with a rockin’ nickname for you, too.

Comment from Michael
Time: 31 May 2008, 12:11 pm

Angela: My that’s a little harsh. I worked at a coffee shop for two years, so I’m pretty sympathetic to barista making mistakes. In a fast paced environment like that, it’s pretty easy. It;s not the people I have a problem with, it’s the corporation that trains them.

Rachskirts: Yay!